by Alexandria Morales
Symposia Medicus Office Manager and Conference Planner Alexandria Morales shares her recipe for a fall favorite treat that dairy-free pie lovers can enjoy!
I have been in love with pumpkin pie since the beginning of time. However, when I found out I had a dairy allergy, I couldn’t eat it anymore.
It can be challenging to have food restrictions, but I did not want my allergy to prevent my family from enjoying one of the best parts of the fall season.
With some research and experimentation, I finally pieced together different parts of recipes to create my own dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe! Taste is everything in my household. Not only is this a pumpkin pie I can safely eat, but it is so delicious that my daughter and the rest of my family love when I make it.
- 1 (9”) unbaked deep pie crust (handmade or store). Recommended (and used in photo): Keebler Ready Crust Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- ½ cup brown sugar (could add more if pie crust is bigger than 9” or less depending on how much sugar you want)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice or extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can of Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (this thickens the coconut milk)
- Preheat oven to 425º F
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, can pumpkin, coconut milk, and corn starch. Still until all ingredients are well-mixed.
- Pour into pie crust
- Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Reduce oven temperature to 375º F and bake for 40-60 minutes
- Remove pie, let cool, then enjoy!
Alexandria Morales is Office Manager and a Conference Planner for Symposia Medicus. She lives in Oakley, California.